Watch US Netflix in the UK with Unblock US. It’s a really simple service that masks your DNS servers and uses American ones so you can access a multitude of US Services here in the UK. You can view the full list on the Unblock US website.
I live in the UK and waited years for the Netflix service to migrate and finally in January 2012 it did. You can only imagine my excitement. I had seem American friends using Netflix and I was memorised by the content. But upon the release of the UK Netflix I was extremely underwhelmed by the content. Then I found Unblock US and discovered I could reach the US content here in the UK.
Start Watching US Netflix in the UK…
1) Create a UK Netflix account. I know this sounds counterintuitive but your UK Netflix account gives you worldwide access its just normally your DNS determines which Netflix site you access. Currently Netflix offers a 1 month free trial for new customers.
2) Create an UnBlock US account. Currently you can sign up for the free 7 day trial simply but entering your email address on the home page. Once your trial is up it costs around £4 a month dependent on the exchange rate at the time. Click here to create your new account.
UnBlock US 1 Month Free Trial (Link):
3) Configure your device. You need to use Unblock US’s DNS Servers to emulate the US location. Ideally you will have a WiFi router and be able to alter your DNS servers to: 126.96.36.199 & 188.8.131.52.
If you are running Windows download easy setup app
or follow these easy setup instructions: Windows Vista | Windows 7 | Mac OSX | Windows XP
4) Restart your device and network. Reset your computer. Xbox. AppleTV. PC, Mac any devices you wish to use the US Netflix on. It would also be a bonus to switch off your WiFi router for 20 seconds then back on. This will enable the DNS routing tables to reset.
5) Sit back and enjoy! Simples. Why not check out the complete list of other services you can now access!