How to Root the Tesco Hudl
Created by on Tuesday, October 1st, 2013 in 'How-To', Tutorials & Guides, Technology & Gadgets.
Interested in Rooting the Tesco Hudl? Well, Less than 24 hours after it’s release the Tesco Hudl has been rooted and SuperSU successfully installed by MoDaCo. Akufu has had the chance to test this root and confirmed it as WORKING.
The rooting method is new so doesn’t always work as planned. Therefore you use this at your own risk! Worst case scenario, you will have to go back to Tesco and plead ignorance.
How to Root The Tesco Hudl
ENSURE YOU ARE ON ROM 20130923.020558 (SETTINGS -> ABOUT -> HUDL UPDATES). All instructions must be completed on a Linux install, I used Parallels and Ubuntu on my Mac.
- Download this package: hudl.system.withsu.20130923.020558.zip (Mirror)
- Extract the zip.
- Plug the Hudl in via USB and press the reset pin while holding volume up (the device will appear to stay off).
- Open a terminal window to the extracted directory.
- Run the script with ‘sudo sh ./flashsystem.hudl.sh’.
- Wait for it to complete.
- The device will now go into ‘charging’ mode, turn it on as normal.
- When the device has booted, install SuperSU from the Play Store.
- Try a root app – it should work!
Once you have successfully rooted the Tesco Hudl, you can go ahead and remove all Tesco Branding from the device.