iMessage Stuck on Waiting for Activation the dreaded words. I spend the first few hours after receiving my new iPhone 4S trying to get iMessage and FaceTime to work. All I seemed to be able to get was ‘iMessage Waiting is Waiting for Activation‘ I created this YouTube video in order to make things a little simpler for everyone else.
This guide is CONFIRMED to be working on the latest iOS software update.
iMessage Activation Step by Step
- Ensure iMessage is not offline. (LINK)
- Deactivate WiFi on your device. (Settings > Wifi)
- Turn off iMessage and FaceTime. (Settings > iMessage)
- Reset the Network Settings. (Settings > General > Reset)
- Reactive iMessage first via 3g, then FaceTime.
If iMessage is Stuck on Waiting for Activation you need to ensure you are; on your ‘home network’ (not roaming), ensure you are not using any unlocking or jailbreaking software and finally ensure that you are using the latest iOS update.
If you have any questions or comments – post those below, I’ll try my very best to help.