iMessage Stuck on Waiting for Activation Fix
Created by on Monday, July 30th, 2012 in Apple, iOS & Mac OSX.
iMessage Stuck on Waiting for Activation the dreaded words. I spend the first few hours after receiving my new iPhone 4S trying to get iMessage and FaceTime to work. All I seemed to be able to get was ‘iMessage Waiting is Waiting for Activation’ I created this YouTube video in order to make things a little simpler for everyone else.
Confirmed: This will work on the new iOS 6 Update and the new iPhone 5.
iMessage Activation Step by Step
- * Ensure iMessage is not offline. (LINK)
- * Deactivate WiFi on your device. (Settings > Wifi)
- * Turn off iMessage and FaceTime. (Settings > iMessage)
- * Reset the Network Settings. (Settings > General > Reset)
- * Reactive iMessage first via 3g, then FaceTime.
If iMessage is Stuck on Waiting for Activation then you need to be on your home data network. You cannot be using roaming.
Want to earn iTunes & Amazon Vouchers for downloading Apps? Visit: akufu.com/freeapps on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch!